Re: [opensuse] Forcing a download of a file?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:11:37 -0500
<sarcasm mode>

* Thomas Miller <tmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-10-06 12:56]:
> No.

yes

> And when I try to configure the download, it isn't there.

there is no need.

> In Windows I can configure each file extension individually.

you are not running windoz! STOP trying to compare a Linux operating
system with a virii-replicator called windoz!

> There is no option for this.

there is

> I was going to update it, but there is no update menu item either.

update ???

> Is there a smart package manager site for Mozilla? Is there a list of
> these sites some place?

I do not understand this question, I was not aware that Mozilla managed
packages.

> Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> >* Thomas Miller <tmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-10-06 11:40]:
> >
> >>I am trying to use Firefox to download and rpm from Oracle using http.
> >>Firefox thinks it is a video file and immediately opens Real Networks.
> >>
> >>I know how to fix this for Windows (several ways actually).
> >>
> >>None of these work in Linux. Any suggestions?
> >>

> >doesn't:
> ><right-click> on url and select <save as>
> >work? I believe it is the same in windoz.
> >

> --
> Thomas Miller
> Chrome Portal Project Manager
> CPCUG Programmers SIG Chairperson (formally Delphi)
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork
>
> http://www.bss-software.com
> http://programmers.cpcug.org/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/chromeportal/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/uopl/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

you must really be proud of this ^, four lines *is* enough.

<right-click> on url and select <save as>

does work.