[opensuse] Using multimedia keys with openSUSE 10.2?
  • From: Hugo Costelha <hugo.costelha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:50:16 +0000
Hi,

Does anyone know what is need fot the keyboard multimedia keys to work?

I have selected a keboard model compatible with my multimedia keyboard. If I
open kmix I can configure the special keys "+" and "-" (located on the
keyboard top part) of my keyboard to raise and lower the volume respectively
(when I press them to configure the shortcuts, it appers XF86AudioRaiseVolume
and XF86AudioLowerVolume).

However, pressing the configure keys after the configuration is complete does
not do anything!!!

Running xev, it shows XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioLowerVolume when I
press the above mentioned keys. This used to work in previous versions, at
least in another computer (I didn't try those keys on this oine with the
previous SUSE).

Ideas?

Hugo