Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: "John Pierce" <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:00:28 -0600
> It's not a hardware problem.
I agree with *you* Schulz, but as you pointed out earlier, MBs are relatively
inexpensive... if it were me, seriously, I'd dump the ASUS board... I mean,

Well it does not always seem to get fixed from the mobo makers. I had
a biostar with a VIA chipset and an athlon XP 2000. There is a
problem in the dma that conflicts with the ivtv driver and would cause
spontaneous reboots. Even the latest bios updates never solved it.
In the end, the only solution was to get another mobo with a different
chipset.

I wish they would have fixed the problem, but they never did.

Same OS 10.1, ivtv driver compiled from source, pvr 500, soundcard,
video card, and network card and different mobo and all work properly.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org