Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice.org only 32bit?
  • From: Thomas Miller <tmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:51:25 -0500
I am a newbie. How do you do this? Yast setting, manually download and install? Thanks.

Thibaut Cousin wrote:
Le dimanche 10 décembre 2006 12:04, Joe Morris (NTM) a écrit :
My understanding was it was pulled because it is such a huge package it
wouldn't fit on the DVD9, so they only included the i586 version. You
can get the x86_64 rpms from Factory repository. It does need x86_64
java, i.e. java-1.5.0-sun x86_64. HTH

Thanks for the tip, it worked. :-) I hadn't thought of looking in Factory for a stable package.
I agree that OOo is a *big* package, but putting the 32bit on the x86_64 installation DVD? I'm not sure I can find any logic in that.
Now I'm down to a handful of 32bit packages, but they can't removed until acroread or realplayer go 64bit. ;-)
Thanks again and regard,

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager