Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 22:43:59 -0800
On Saturday 09 December 2006 21:53, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2006/12/09 21:32 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:
> > On Saturday 09 December 2006 20:49, Felix Miata wrote:
> >> Could be the difference for you between RC1 and final is telling
> >> you something about your hardware rather than about your OS.
> >
> > What is the logic in that? Why are you trying to make this a
> > hardware
>
> I like to think hardware manufacturers who aren't openly against open
> source software do their own testing with Linux,

Yes. "Like to think." And thus it shall be so.

> to ensure they
> aren't doing anything to create situations like the one you're in.

Still lacking in logic, since I've had the board for a couple of months,
but the failure didn't occur until a kernel released just a few days
ago. How could the hardware vendor's testing have anything to do with
that regression?

Here's something that makes just as much sense: Windows users who buy
ASUS hardware are supporting the product volumes that make it possible
for us to get affordable hardware we can use to run Linux. We're
benefitting from Windows users.

Anyway, what is it with this vendetta against certain mainboard vendors?
Besides, if you don't want to help me, then fine. Leave it be.

> Support isn't necessarily only what you think it is.

When I say "support," I mean what I mean when I say "support."E

Randall "Humpty Dumpty" Schulz