Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:20:20 -0600
On Saturday 09 December 2006 19:49, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> I have one. The problem did not exist from 10.2 alpha5 onward until the
> GM release.
>
> It's not a hardware problem.
I agree with *you* Schulz, but as you pointed out earlier, MBs are relatively
inexpensive... if it were me, seriously, I'd dump the ASUS board... I mean,
why fight the problem. You can install a new board in that thing first thing
next week and have it up and running before anyone at bugzilla has poured
their first cup of coffee. I kept searching after we spoke earlier about this
and I am finding scads of hits that are not making the ASUS P5B look too
good... several are regarding the IDE chip, and several are specifically
regarding the memory. Sounds like the board really isn't worth the trouble
you're having with it.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><