Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:53:41 -0500
On 2006/12/09 21:32 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:

> On Saturday 09 December 2006 20:49, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Could be the difference for you between RC1 and final is telling you
>> something about your hardware rather than about your OS.

> What is the logic in that? Why are you trying to make this a hardware

I like to think hardware manufacturers who aren't openly against open
source software do their own testing with Linux, to ensure they aren't
doing anything to create situations like the one you're in. Support
isn't necessarily only what you think it is.

> problem, when the hardware works just fine? There clearly was a
> regression in the kernel and / or a module.

I'm not making anything. I read the whole thread. It does clearly seem
to be a regression. It's just that things that seem to be clear are
sometimes just an illusion of clarity. Maybe it worked because of some
previously needed kludge found to be no longer necessary by those in
power to so decide, without benefit of facts in your possession only.

Maybe the right place to ask, and time to expect a helpful reply, lie
after the weekend, and on the factory list or bugzilla.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409