Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:19:16 -0500
On 2006/12/10 01:49 (GMT) Ryouga Hibiki apparently typed:

>From: Felix Miata Sat, 09 Dec 2006 19:51:56 -0500

>>I gave up on Asus years ago:
>>http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html

> Interesting note, a bit peculiar because in openSuSE webpage many mainboards
> that work well with Linux are Asus:
> http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Main_Boards#ATX
> In Linux-Hardware.org happens the same:
> http://www.linux-hardware.org/hardware/liste2.php?hersteller=asus&geraet=&kategorie=Mainboard
> not the same with MSI:
> http://www.linux-hardware.org/hardware/liste2.php?hersteller=MSI&geraet=&kategorie=Mainboard

> Nope, I'm not looking for fight I just would like to have a good mainboard
> that will have zero problems with Linux, any recomendations are welcome. =)

I've bought new boards made Asus, Biostar, PC Chips, Tyan, AOpen, Intel,
FIC, Abit, Soyo, & Giga-Byte according to total feature set, only one
portion of which is manufacturer reputation. Counting those acquired
used, I've used boards from virtually every manufacturer. Everyone makes
some bad ones. Sometimes the only problem is a BIOS defect, which ought
to be easy to fix, but sometimes never happens. ATM my 2 24/7 systems
are based on Intel 478 & 775 chips on PC Chips and Abit boards with
Intel chipsets.

> PS: Is it like, most Linux users test Asus Mainboards? are those mainboards
> so common? Here the most common are MSI and PCChips =/
> PS2: 29.5% of DVD ISO yah for me ^^; 3 more days =P~

The Asus URL I provided is not about product engineering quality. The
problem is about the sufficiency of manufacturer support for those in
the unfortunate circumstance of needing it while not being a windoz user.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409