Re: [opensuse] 10.2 Font Quality Backsliding from RC1 -> GM
  • From: Andreas <linuxdreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 16:02:29 -0800
Le samedi 9 décembre 2006 13:47, Michael Ayers a écrit :
> Control Center-> Appearance & Themes-> Fonts-> Use anti-aliasing for fonts
> push the configure button-> enable Use sub-pixel hinting and for me Hinting
> style to Medium and my fonts are back to where they were with 10.1

That is just strange. Subpixel hinting has been switched off for openSUSE 10.2
at compile time, so there should be now way whatsoever to activate it at
runtime.

And it can not be the reason for different font rendering in 10.2RC1 and
10.2GM, because subpixel hinting was off in both versions.

Well, I'm off to install 10.2 and see for myself :)

--
Gruß
Andreas