Re: [opensuse] Turn off computer.
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 10:14:36 -0600
On 12/9/06, Gunnar H <gunnar.haland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
James Ogley skrev:
>> I press leave, turn off, I get logged out, X session get closed, but no
>> power off, I have to press the power button om my computer to turn the
>> power off.
>
> Don't know about any KDE connection because I use GNOME but I'll ask
> this: Does the computer shutdown but just not power off or does it not
> even do a shutdown?

It does not power off, but my 10.2 system does halt.
Gnome is similar, I get logged out of Gnome, but no power off.
Hope I have made myself clear what I mean.
Gunnar

please try from CLI as root:
#shutdown -h now

Also, try to boot with ACPI=OFF

If none of these help, file a bug report.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.