[opensuse] SUSE 10.2 - Sax2 Monitor Utility Disk Problem
  • From: Lake-Wind <lake-wind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 09:03:08 -0500
I recently installed 10.2 and am having a problem setting up
my Samsung SyncMaster 730B monitor. Currently the display
works, but the fonts are choppy looking. I had this problem
with SUSE 10 when I initially installed. To resolve it, I
changed the monitor setting from Vesa 1280 X 1024 @ 60Hz. I
popped in my Samsung SyncMaster cd with SUSE 10, clicked on
the "Utility Disk" button and installed the Samsung SyncMaster
730B Analog. My display looked great.

However, with 10.2 for some reason when I put the disk into my
DVD drive and click on "Utility Disk" I get this error message:

"Read Error. Could not read from CD or Disk. This may point to
a damaged medium or incorrectly formatted information files".

The CD is readable. I can browse it no problem. I even made a
backup copy of the CD and tried that, but I get the same
error. It appears that Sax2 is not even trying to open the CD.
The CD drive light doesn't come on when it's trying to access
the CD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mike