Re: [opensuse] What is the name ?
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 08:50:29 +0100
Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 2006-12-09 00:39, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> When chainging the size of a window I have to right click on the most
>> upper blue line.
>> What is it called ?.
>>

> The title bar.
>
>> When having right clicked You can choose Advanced>Special Window settings.
>>
>> Being in the Geometry part here, I can choose to set an "x" in say the
>> "position".
>> After there are some options, and what one shall I choose for setting a
>> value ?.
>>

> The numbers represent the pixel locations of the upper left corner of
> the window. 0,0 is the upper left corner of the screen. I think the
> first number is the horizontal position.
>
>> Having set all the values what do I then do ?.
>>

> Click "OK"? :-)
>
>> I can see, that if I go into a window, that fills the whole monitor, the
>> "Don't affect" is set.
>>

> Because the window fills the whole screen -- by definition, its upper
> left corner must be in the upper left corner of the screen. You can see
> that in the "size" selection, which is set to the screen size, eg. if
> your screen size is 1280x1024, then "1280,1024" is the lower right
> corner of the screen.
>
>> Then what is the procedure to set a value, and get it saved, and what to
>> do in between ?.
>>

> 1. Click on the box.
> 2. Select the screen behaviour you want. Force should mean you cannot
> change the window size, "apply initially" means that window size will be
> set every time you start the application. If you choose "remember" the
> size of the window when the application is stopped will become the
> window size the next time it is started.
> 3. Click "OK".
>
>> Are there some places where I can read about the job ?
>>

> In KDE Help, the selection points to the wrong place. Maybe there is
> something at kde.org.

Hi Darryl.

Thanks for the nice explanation. But I still have some problem(s), and
cannot get it to work.

I have made some screenshots:

http://www.urbakken.dk/geometry.jpg

Should that here work by clicking at "OK" ?
It doesn't ??.

http://www.urbakken.dk/Geometry2.jpg

What lacks here if anything.

Is there at all more to take care of, for instance the size of the
charachters ?

Erik