Re: [opensuse] Smart index error
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 19:20:32 -0500
* Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> [12-08-06 09:59]:
> It seems that my smart cache (or index) has become farkled. Everytime I try
> to start up smart it starts to 'update cache' and eventually ends with
>
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> I assume I can delete the current list and have it rebuilt but I haven't been
> able to find where it is or any other method to rebuild it.

delete /var/lib/smart/channels
/var/lib/smart/cache

run smart --update

channels will be recovered from /var/lib/smart/config

watch for 'error' in the screen output, normally you can correct an
error w/o deleting channels and cache by deleting
/var/lib/smart/channels/<channel-alias>....repodata...xml
or
/var/lib/smart/channels/<channel-alias>*