Re: [opensuse] HOWTO Configure window open location and size
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:15:17 -0800
Istvan,

On Friday 08 December 2006 13:39, Istvan Gabor wrote:

> Thanks for this thread.
> I was not aware of these options of KDE.
>
> Now I tried to use these advanced settings but only partially
> could do what I wanted.
>
> I want to create a new desktop folder called eg. 'Application
> starter' and copy into it all the startup files I use frequently.
>
> Actually I've done this already. Now what are the correct
> settings if I want _only_ this 'Application starter' window being
> opened at a certain position in a certain size on the desktop.

Try this:

- Open a Konqueror window for the folder in question.
- Open the window's Window-Specific Settings dialog
- Select the "Window Extra" tab
- Change the pop-up below the "Window title:" field from "Unimportant"
to one of the other settings (Exact match should do)
- The now-enabled "Window Title" field shows the window title that will
be the (additional) criterion for applying the criterial specified in
the Geometry, Preferences and / or Workarounds tabs.

> And I want the side panel being turned off and showing the
> window in icon view.

I'm pretty sure that's beyond the scope of what can be controlled using
the KDE Window-Specific settings.

> And I don't want any other konqueror
> window (eg file manager) to be affected, ie I want them to keep
> their current settings.
> I tried different settings but could not find a solution yet.
> Please give me a detailed description where and what to set.

See above.

> IG

Randall Schulz