Re: [opensuse] NO PERSONAL REPLIES TO POSTINGS ON THIS LIST!!
  • From: JB <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:18:36 -0600
On Friday 08 December 2006 11:57, ken wrote:

> On 12/08/2006 11:47 AM somebody named Hartmut Meyer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Friday 08 December 2006 17:05, ken wrote:
> >> Advocates of the
> >> nonsensical suse method of list operations have told us and continue to
> >> tell us (tossing in insults along the way) that they're smarter than the
> >> rest of the world and so to change things to a sensible configuration
> >> would be making an admission they can't make. So this list will never
> >> change and people will never stop pointing out that it should be
> >> changed, users will continue to hear that they need to use some
> >> particular mail client in some singular way to read and reply to this
> >> particular list and that if they don't, they're stupid and all other
> >> lists in the world are stupid too.
> >>
> >> So we can't harbor any illusions that way this list (mal)functions will
> >> change. We're just going to have to live with it
> >
> > Right. Please "just live with it".
> >
> > It doesn't really matter what you or I or any other individual is
> > convinced is the right way to do it (and there are arguments for both
> > sides). It also doesn't matter how other list admins run their lists.
> >
> > What matters is what the list admin of this lists feels is the right
> > setup. Nothing else really. That is unless ...
> >
> > ... unless he invites people to vote on this.
> >
> > And guess what: he did.
> >
> > And guess again: the majority of voters wanted it the way it is now (the
> > setup you disagree with). Go and search in the archives. It's just a few
> > months ago.
> >
> > Stop arguing about this please.
> >

> > Greetings from Stuhr
> > hartmut

<snip BS>

> You have my permission to reply to this. :)

Great! Thank you, oh lord and dictator! Here is my reply, oh dreaded one who
would have us whipped with cat-o'-nine tails if we do not follow your orders
or question what must only be the correct sense to have in anything:

<PLONK>

--
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented worker', is like calling a home
intruder an 'unwanted houseguest'.