Re: [opensuse] Re: don't set Reply-to!! (was NO PERSONAL REPLIES...)
  • From: JB <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:46:32 -0600
On Friday 08 December 2006 05:21, Joachim Schrod wrote:

> JE> On Dec 8 2006 02:04, Joachim Schrod wrote:
> >> To quote Jon Postel in RFC 761, the TCP definition from Januay 1980,
> >> the last two lines on page 12:
> >>
> >> be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from
> >> others.
> >>
> >> Words to keep in mind, they served us well in more than 25 years --
> >> RIP Jon Postel.
>
> JE> You know where this RFC attitude brought us - Web browsers accepting
> JE> broken HTML, resulting in sloppy non-standard pages that display in
> JE> less than average of the browsers.
>
> And, so what? It made the Internet usable for millions of users. And,
> for the record, I think that's a Good Thing(tm). I'm again that
> elitism that would have prevented my mother, aged 71, to be able to
> learn sending emails and surfing the Net three years ago when she
> retired. She will never understand that there's a difference between a
> Web browser and a Mail client, that's completely blurred to her, it's
> all `that Internet thingy' -- but so what? Who cares, as long as she
> can communicate with her relatives?

So it's better to just hop out to the computer store and get an old person a
$600 phone (re computer)?
My mom's 68, and she pays attention to what I explain about something like
this and then corrects her behavior. She doesn't want to just have a $600
phone, she also wants to do many other things with a computer...and does!
All you're perpetuating is laziness, stupidity and sloppiness, by telling
anyone who has the money to just 'go get a computer and screw how things are
and should be done, just do whatever the hell you want and be a grinning
happy idiot'.

--
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented worker', is like calling a home
intruder an 'unwanted houseguest'.