Re: [opensuse] Lenovo Suse Question
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:45:36 -0800
On Tuesday 05 December 2006 21:39, M Harris wrote:
> Some time back (August maybe) Lenovo committed to ship the T series
> ThinkPad with SLED 10.
>
> I went out to the Lenovo site to look at the Suse offerings and find that
> Lenovo recommends XP professional.

That's a marketing thing. They have to put that in order to get (steep)
discounts from Microsoft.

> .. and I can't find the Suse pre-loaded
> machine.
>
> Did something change? :-O

I don't think they have a "pre-loaded" machine. Supposedly they allow you to
buy the machine without Wintendo, but that isn't apparent on their website.
The customer service hack I have been emailing keeps pointing me to their
customer service phone number.

You can see evidence of Linux integration though.. .

http://tinyurl.com/j4cfh

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sites
tyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-48NT8D

That url points out to their systems offering Linux, the t60 being one of
them.

Here's the news release from them...

http://www.lenovo.com/news/us/en/2006/08/t60p.html

Enjoy!

--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request