[opensuse] xfce on 10.2
  • From: "Gordon J. Holtslander" <gordon.holtslander@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 12:56:53 -0600
I want to use xfce as a window manager on opensuse 10.2

I've installed it on a low powered system with the option for minimal X - this
installs fvm2 as the window manager.

The primary function will be to play a large collection of ogg files with
madman. I don't need, and the system won't support, a hightly integrated
desktop like kde or gnome, but I would like something more covenient than
fvwm2. I want to use xfce.

I've installed the xfce files from
http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/repositories/X11:/xfce/SUSE_Linux_10.0/

The system uses xdm to automatically start an fvm2 system. How do I get xfce
to work on this system? I know I should be editing something in /etc/X11 -
but not sure.

thanks,

Gord
Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology