Re: [opensuse] 10.2 install woes
  • From: "Michael Leuty" <mike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:34:47 +0000
On 08/12/06, Jan Karjalainen <jrock@xxxxxxx> wrote:
When I selected to add installation sources (inst-source and add-on), I
wasn't expecting to being forced to wait for over an hour for it to
create the sources.

But at least we now get a dialog box showing the "desc" files being
downloaded, albeit very slowly. Before there was just a "please wait"
which gave no indication of whether the process had jammed or not.

Another small but helpful improvement.

One minor point: if you opt to add the sources during installation,
the dialog box that appears cannot be lengthened. The URL is so long
that you can't the see file names change, and it still looks as though
the process has jammed.

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK