Re: [opensuse] NO PERSONAL REPLIES TO POSTINGS ON THIS LIST!!
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:57:21 +0100
You know... I don't really care one way or the other how the reply-to
works on this list... and we've thrashed it to death a dozen times per
year... and the more vocal members of this list all yell and shout
about how this list is configured correctly yadda yadda... we even had
a vote, and the majority spoke. Which is fine with me.

I have a serious question though. Are there actually any other
mailing lists that are configured the way the opensuse mailing lists
are? I'm currently a member of a couple dozen mailing lists, and not
one has ever behaved the way this list's reply-to is set. Not one.
Not once in roughly 20 years of internet, usenet and BBS use.

So.. can anyone point to any other mailing list that has Reply-to set
the same as the opensuse lists? I would really like to see it...

I'm not asking this list to change - it's been like this for as long
as I can remember, and I don't mind it cuz I'm used to having to
always correct the To: address field when I reply. I would just like
some point of reference... to see other mailing lists that behave the
same way as ours does.

C.