[opensuse] systems see same file differently
  • From: Coach-X <coachx@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:58:36 -0500
I have a 1GB tar.gz file sitting on a windows share and have 3 systems
connected via samba to that share.

System A & B see the file just fine, and both report the same md5sum
info. System C sees the file as corrupt and with a different md5sum.

My problem, I need the file on system C and am puzzled about why it sees
this file differently than the other two. All systems are running SuSE
9.3 32-bit, however, system C is an intel core 2 duo 64-bit processor.
System A & B are older P3 systems.

Has anyone every had anything like this and can offer suggestions as to
why this might be happening.

Thank you for your time