Re: [opensuse] Lenovo Suse Question
  • From: "George Stoianov" <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:29:55 -0500
On 12/6/06, M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some time back (August maybe) Lenovo committed to ship the T series ThinkPad
with SLED 10.

I went out to the Lenovo site to look at the Suse offerings and find that
Lenovo recommends XP professional... and I can't find the Suse pre-loaded
machine.

Yeah I use a ThinkPad R60 at work and checked the site at the time
looking for RAM specs and did not find the SuSE option, if it is there
it is well hidden, but I think I remeber a review on the net that said
you had to actually install but it is supported.

My R60 runs fine I have been having some issues with performance due
to low memory and suse 10.1 has not been the best so far in working as
I am used to with suse, anyway what I am saying is post here if you
have issues someone may have the answer already ;)

Did something change? :-O

Do not think so, see this
http://www.hardwareinreview.com/cms/content/view/49 . Note their is a
guide on how to do the install.