Re: [opensuse] Which Shell do I Have?
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:29:25 +0000

Randall R Schulz wrote:
> [...]
>
> If you're a programmer or a system administrator, then you need to
> handle your own diligence w.r.t. portability (among many other issues)
> and if you blindly incorporate offered solutions without understanding
> them, then you've got bigger problems than one non-Unix-portable
> technique.

If we teach people how to write proper shell scripts and how to use
commands that work on many systems and not just on Linux, then I think
everyone will benefit. From your comments and your other emails here,
I get the impression that you think you are the only one who knows
about Linux/Unix/programming/etc. and the truth in general and all the
others have no clue about it. This causes a weary smile on my face...
Since Anders answered my question, there is no need for me to continue
this discussion. Thanks for your contribution ;-)

Cheers, Th.