Re: [opensuse] Smart package manager questions
  • From: Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:47:56 -0600

Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 01:14:01PM -0600, Moby wrote:
Hello all, I have two, hopefully quick to answer, questions regarding the Smart package manager.

1) Is there a way to copy the smart configuration (channels etc) from one machine to another?

Yes, just save the output of "smart channel --show" and add it on the second
maschine by doing a "smart channel --add
filename.that.you.saved.your.channel.config.to".

2) Is there a way to exclude certain packages from getting installed even
though I want other packages from the same channel (exclude certain
packages without deleting the channel) ?

Just add a negative (lower) priority to the channel/package.

Best,
Christoph
Thanks Christoph.

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin