Re: [opensuse] Which Shell do I Have?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 21:35:09 +0100
On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:30, Geir A. Myrestrand wrote:
> Note that procfs is deprecated. It is likely to be removed one day. To
> make your solution future-proof you should avoid using it.

procfs deprecated? What are you talking about? It's the first I've heard of it

A google shows that it is indeed deprecated - on FreeBSD. Not in linux, and I
can't find any sign that it will be either

Some parts of it are deprecated, notably the device parts, which are migrated
to sysfs, but i don't see any signs at all that the rest is going away

Of course I could have missed something - feel free to point me to a resource
that says differently