Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 10.2 is done
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:34:45 +0100
Randall R Schulz a écrit :

I have no idea what a "R°V° printer" is.

Recto Verso, double sided printing

Ink-jet printing is just plain stupid. I suppose for the occasional color page when the volume would not justify a color laser printer, it might conceivably possibly make sense, but basically, it's a horrible, horrible technology with poor output quality

this is wrong. inkjet and similar have a very good quality (photo printing, for example),

and grossly expensive
consumables.

this is alas very true. printers are for free or nearly, but ink cartrige are very expensive

by the way, laser printer affordable by an individual are not so cheap (as a per page price). What I do personnally is to buy second hand laser printers (now I have a hp laserjet 5, pay $30!!) but not anybody know how to find this :-(

and it's not double sided printing (not mine)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO