Re: [opensuse] Gnome background on KDE desktop (SOLVED)
  • From: "Marius Roets" <roets.marius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:17:38 +0200
On 12/6/06, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Almost certainly nautilus is running, probably resumed by session management.
Check ksysguard or ps aux's output, and see if it is listed in
~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc. If it is, open kcontrol->KDE
Components->Session Manager, check "Start with an empty session", logout,
login, change to "Restore previous session" and your current session, without
nautilus.

Well this solved the problem. You were right about nautilus, though I
have no idea how that could have happened, since I have never used
nautilus before. My system also now seems to be considerably faster.
It seems that there were some redundant processes that started up
every time I start a new session.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Marius