Re: [opensuse] Gnome background on KDE desktop
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:45:56 +0100
On Wednesday 06 December 2006 09:08, Marius Roets said:
> Without changing any settings, or doing any updates, my laptop
> suddenly displays a Gnome desktop background, instead of KDE which I
> have always used.
>
> When I go to KDE settings->Desktop->Behavior, and select "Show icons
> on Desktop", it works as expected, and I see my KDE desktop. If I
> deselect this option however, the Gnome desktop comes back. I don't
> like icons on my desktop as a rule, so this is a pretty handy option
> for me.
>
> Any ideas?

Almost certainly nautilus is running, probably resumed by session management.
Check ksysguard or ps aux's output, and see if it is listed in
~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc. If it is, open kcontrol->KDE
Components->Session Manager, check "Start with an empty session", logout,
login, change to "Restore previous session" and your current session, without
nautilus.

Or remove the whole [Session: saved at previous logout] group from
ksmserverrc.

I think there is a setting to tell nautilus to only do file management, but
I'm not sure what it is, perhaps understandably.

Will