Re: [opensuse] Gnome background on KDE desktop
  • From: Mike McQueen <debgnu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:00:12 -0600
On Wednesday 06 December 2006 02:08, Marius Roets wrote:
> When I go to KDE settings->Desktop->Behavior, and select "Show icons
> on Desktop", it works as expected, and I see my KDE desktop. If I
> deselect this option however, the Gnome desktop comes back. I don't
> like icons on my desktop as a rule, so this is a pretty handy option
> for me.
>
> Any ideas?

Try creating a different desktop path for KDE. Open your Personal Settings
(Kcontrol) and goto System Administration > Paths. In the 'Desktop Path'
field just type in your new path, e.g. /home/username/kDesktop. You will then
need to manually recreate a new 'Desktop' folder in your home directory so
that Gnome will have the same path that it expects to be present.

--
/path/to/Truth