Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 10.2 is done
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:43:09 +0100
On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 11:11 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 01:09:55AM -0900, John Andersen wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 December 2006 00:55, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> > > I think people do look. If they find something that they
> > > think they need to know is something else. Perhaps it is that mostly men
> > > buy Linux?
> >
> > I read mine while waiting for the install to finish, and anytime I can't
> > get something to work right away.
> >
> > The most I ever paid for Linux was for SLES 9, and the manual
> > was all in PDFs. Believe me, SLES is one place you WANT to read
> > the manual. Its different enough from regular Suse that you will
> > hork it up if you wing it.
>
> Yeah, I expected the full set of books with SLES ... and was disappointed
> too.

I was really disappointed with VMware from a local internet-based
software seller. I selected an image of the product in a box - shown off
center to really give the 3-D effect of a real box. It implied I would
get such a thing. Instead, I only got an electronic license. Nothing I
could touch. And it was for a bit cost more than the VMware listed price
for the boxed package, which includes a 500 page printed manual. It was
the main thing I was after in the first place. I am all for saving
paper. Instead, I will surely waste more resources printing a copy
locally.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB