Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 10.2 is done
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 01:09:55 -0900
On Wednesday 06 December 2006 00:55, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> I think people do look. If they find something that they
> think they need to know is something else. Perhaps it is that mostly men
> buy Linux?

I read mine while waiting for the install to finish, and anytime I can't
get something to work right away.

The most I ever paid for Linux was for SLES 9, and the manual
was all in PDFs. Believe me, SLES is one place you WANT to read
the manual. Its different enough from regular Suse that you will
hork it up if you wing it.

As for your second statement, I suspect it is MOSTLY men that buy linux,
and mostly men that inhabit these groups. That's been true of every
computer related forum/list I've ever seen. But I'm not sure they read
the manual either. Most of them don't need to.

--
John Andersen