Re: [opensuse] Is There a (Non-Enterprise) Commercial SuSE Linux 10.2 Product?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:57:46 +1100
Clayton wrote:
I don't know what the local jargon "EMEA" stands for

It's not local jargon.... EMEA = Europe, Middle East, Africa. You
also have NA or NORAM for North America, LATAM for Latin America, and
APAC for Asia Pacific. It's a fairly standard for companies that have
offices worldwide to refer to these geographical regions in this way.

So that's what it means. Thanks for that. But I still stand by my remark that it is local jargon. I just hope that the world doesn't end up going into mobile phone text mode :-) .

Prior to 10.10 I could go to 'local' (Australian) Linux shops and find
the option to *pre-order* SuSE at least 1 month in advance of release -
which I always did. Now, there is no damn sign of the latest Suse- and
the release is next week.

Here in the NL, my usual supplier has it up on the website already
http://www.comcol.nl/detail/sicxlc01.htm#60717
And I can pre-order it.... I checked around, and several other
computer shops I deal with will be carrying the new boxes. They are
hoping they'll be in stock next week some time.

So, at least in some areas the pre-order thing is working.

Thank goodness for that! And I am envious that you have the luxury of pre-ordering it in Holland. But 61 Euros? That's expensive, isn't it?

Cheers.