Re: [opensuse] education (fwd)
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:11:12 +0100 (MET)

I felt like forwarding this mail, so here we go. Comment below.

Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:25:27 -0500
From: James Tremblay <jamesat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 20:45 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>
>> Agree, but the intertwangled short name "suseucator" is a verbal
>> mishap. "suseducator" was probably intended.
>> -`J'
>
>HEy guys thanks for the feedback,
>The "SUSEucator was meant to be humorous (play on samurai mascot and
>the word terminator) and short term only. but I'm not sure what you
>mean by a "verbal mishap"?
>
> If there is something grammatically incorrect or
>otherwise offensive I don't know about, I can remove it immediately.
>I do like "The SUSE Educator" and we could still use "Geeko" in cap and
>gown as mascot.

'suseucator' has two immediate vowels E and U, for which there
are two ways to pronounce, su-se-u-ca-tor or su-seu-ca-tor (or
sus-e-u-cator/sus-eu-cator depending on your SUSE flavor). The first
one has a 'stopper' between E and U, the second one was probably not
intended anyway. That's why adding another consonant, D, is good for
making flow: su-se-du-ca-tor/sus-e(-)du-ca-tor