[opensuse] Re: Maybe on Linux?
  • From: James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:30:03 +0100
Hi Pete et al...
On Monday 04 December 2006 23:27, Pete Connolly wrote:
> On Monday 04 December 2006 10:45, James Hatridge wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I'm thinking about buying some stamp software (I'm a stamp
> > dealer/collector). The info says this:
> >
> > the PC must have 200mhz with 64mb memory with Windows ME/2K/NT or XP and
> > browser Netscape 4.0, IE 4.0, or AOL 4.0 and a 16-bit color monitor. A
> > Macintosh needs OS X 128mb RAM and either IE5.1 or the Safari browser.
> >
> > I don't know anything about it yet, but it looks like it runs only in a
> > browser. I plan on using it under XP/VMware, but is it possible that it
> > could work on SeaMonkey (FireFox) and Linux?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JIM
>
> Hi James
>
> Do you have a download URL that I could grab the software from? I've had
> good results with WINE running Win32 software, it would be good to try this
> first.
>
> Cheers
>
> Pete

As far as I know there is no download for it. The software comes on a DVD with
a huge database of all German stamps, with pictures, from 1849 to today. It
comes out the middle of December and I'm hoping to talk my darling wife into
letting me get it. BTW the systems above was the minimum needed to run the
software.

JIM

--
Jim Hatridge