Re: [opensuse] How much memory does Suse need?
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:06:27 +0100 (MET)

>> I mean, how in the world is M$ going to compete with an
>> OS that runs four times faster

I was not thrilled with Vista so far. It *really* was slower than
all Windowsen and a SUSE combined. Well, slightly exaggerated, but
that's how beta2 was. (Yeah, a long time has passed, but still. No SUSE
Beta version was so much slower than a final.)

>> on existing hardware for a fraction of the money??? Do any of
>> you see my point???
>
>Mickey$oft has the best marketing department bar none. No American
>politician not even the Kennedy family has a better damage control aka
>spin machine. Microsoft is better at propaganda than CBS, ABC, NBC,
>MSNBC, LA TIMES, NY TIMES etc combined.
>
>At Christmas people by the sizzle not the steak. Makes one wonder if BG
(buy?)
>is a Ferengi or at least has memorized the rules of acquisition.

No, he forget this one:
#171a: Time is Latinum. The early Ferengi gets the Latinum.

Since Vista will not be out until after xmas... people gonna buy
whatever is available FOR xmas.

-`J'