Re: [opensuse] Merged Lists?
  • From: Jim Flanagan <linuxjim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:48:07 -0600
Donald D Henson wrote:
Has the suse-linux-e mailing list been merged with the opensuse list?
When I try to send a note to suse-linux-e, the address mysteriously
changes to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Am I missing something?

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules

Don,

See the post from the list admin........This was posted on suse-linux-e on Nov 8th, with actuation on Nov 10th. This and other lists were changed to opensuse.org.

There was a post yesterday about suse-ot moving to opensuse-offtopic, see it yesterday.

Jim F

while moving it. All this will happen this friday (2006.11.10). I cant say
exactly at which time but i will send a short heads-up mail right before
we are doing it.
This means a few things for you.
1. This list, suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx, will be renamed to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
This means that mails to you will come from the new address and for
posting you also have to send mail to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The old list adress will still work but is depreceated. I will turn
it off in the future (with notice).

2. Your subscription will get transfered to the new listserver. No action
on your part is required to continue reciving mails from this list.

3. Because of the renaming the mailinglist headers will change.
If you filter for headers in your mail setup please adopt
your setup accordingly. New headers will look like this:

4. Mails will originate from the new server. If you accepts listmails
only from the listserver adopt your setup accordingly. The mails
will originate from

DNS: lists4.suse.de
IP: 195.135.221.135

5. The webarchive of this list is located at

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/

6. We are using a new mailinglist manager on the new server. This means
some aspects of using the list changed. Some features are dropped and
some new features are added. For a complete list check out this post:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2006-08/msg00005.html

7. If you have any problems at all with the new setup please dont
hesitate to contact me!

Henne

[1] http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2006-Nov/1464.html
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux/2006-Nov/0440.html