Re: [opensuse] article about Midnight Commander
  • From: Daniel Feiglin <dilogsys@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:49:11 +0200

Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
Lev Lafayette wrote:
Midnight Commander is a *great* interface. For those old MS-DOS heads
from the eighties, it's like Xtree Pro/Gold, but *better*.
It certainly IS a great app, but it isn't a clone of xtree but of Norton
Commander, which was great app in it's day. MC is the only console text
editor I need. Works great over ssh as well. Wished it was installed
on the rescue system, but not a big deal as I have it when I mount and
chroot. ;-)

I also use it a lot, including ftp. How do you do the ssh thing?