Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 10.2 RC1 upgrade stories
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:11:13 +0100
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 09:53 -0500, Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 15:48 +0200, Sorin Peste wrote:
> > I was wondering how many people tried upgrading their Suse 10.x to 10.2 RC1
> > since it came out (as opposed to doing a fresh install). I'm thinking of
> > doing the same but after botching the upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 I'm a little
> > circumspect.
> >
> > Anyone got success / horror stories they want to share?
> >

> I have performed most of the upgrades from 10.1 through all of the 10.2
> releases without a problem. These upgrades were performed on my laptop
> which is my guinea pig. Should be a piece of cake but YMMV. It is always
> best to have a backup on hand in case anything goes awry.

What was the state of your 10.1 when you did the update? I have updates
from the build service, packman and such on my 10.1. Anyone done an
upgrade of such a system?

I will probably do an upgrade to see how that goes, and then do a clean
install anyway. I keep /home as a separate partition anyway and share it
between 10.0 and 10.1. So far no problems. It is on a test machine. My
real work machine wears protective gear...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB