Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 10.2 RC1 upgrade stories
  • From: Michael Schueller <schueller-berlin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:57:06 +0100
Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2006 14:58 schrieb Hugo Costelha:
> On Tuesday 05 December 2006 13:48, Sorin Peste wrote:
> > I was wondering how many people tried upgrading their Suse 10.x
> > to 10.2 RC1 since it came out (as opposed to doing a fresh
> > install). I'm thinking of doing the same but after botching the
> > upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 I'm a little circumspect.
> >
> > Anyone got success / horror stories they want to share?
>
> I suggest you wait for the GoldMaster.
>
> Hugo Costelha

I agree, even when i did only good experience upgrading from 10.0 to
10.2 with the RC1.
The upgrade it self was verry smoth, and even the change to the
openSUSE-updater was verry easy. There is a new Software directory
for the openSUSE updater, just set your marker for this, and you´re
fine.
But the you have to install 1,4GB to upgrade to the final release
( GM ), so it makes no sence to Upgrade now, when the GoldMaster is
published on Thursday.

Greets
Michael