Re: [opensuse] article about Midnight Commander
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 14:24:36 +0100
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 20:01 +0800, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Lev Lafayette wrote:
> > Midnight Commander is a *great* interface. For those old MS-DOS heads
> > from the eighties, it's like Xtree Pro/Gold, but *better*.
> >
> It certainly IS a great app, but it isn't a clone of xtree but of Norton
> Commander, which was great app in it's day. MC is the only console text
> editor I need. Works great over ssh as well. Wished it was installed
> on the rescue system, but not a big deal as I have it when I mount and
> chroot. ;-)

Too bad I cannot run Unix SYS V apps on Linux. I have the Norton
Utilities for Unix (ran on Interactive and AT&T SVR4.2 on intel
processors / standard 386 PCs) It even had an unerase feature for the
SYS V file system. I was probably the only person who bought it. We used
the Norton Integrator to make a character-based menu system for our
apps. Users loved it.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB