[opensuse] ATI radeon 75/60 hz issue on SuSE10.2
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:45:07 +0100
Hi list,

on SuSE10.1 AND the new SuSE10.2 (rc1) I've noticed that on my IBM ThinkPad
R50 with an ATI Radeon RV250 Lf display (1400 x 1050), the installation sets
the refresh rate to 75Hz.

This causes the driver circuit in my machine to go mad in about 30 minutes
from power on. The screen will gradually degrade with horizontal flashing
lines and eventually become completely useless.

If I (YaST) set down the refresh rate to 60Hz the screen will stay on just
fine. But when moving windows around, it doesn't really look good, all
vertical lines are distorted with small pieces of "horizontal noice" to them.

On SUSE10 this never happened.

Any ideas?