Re: [opensuse] article about Midnight Commander
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:17:22 +0200
On 12/5/06, Lev Lafayette <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Midnight Commander is a *great* interface. For those old MS-DOS heads
from the eighties, it's like Xtree Pro/Gold, but *better*.

Well, Norton Commander is closer to MC than Xtree.

One very powerful feature of MC is "macro" parameters. I'm using it quite often.
E.g. I have different releases in 2 directories and I want to check
differences between files one by one. I'm opening these directories in
2 panels and use command

diff %f %D/%f (compare file under cursor in the current panel with
file with the same name in the other panel).

I just need to set the cursor on the file, select the command from
history, Enter, move cursor to the next file and so on...

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein