Re: [opensuse] OOo Java Issue
  • From: Dave Barton <db@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:27:17 +1100
On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 10:02 -0500, George Stoianov wrote:
> On 12/4/06, Dave Barton <db@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I am running the Novell 64 bit edition of OOo 2.0.4 on SuSE 10.1 x86_64
> > and I have Sun's 64 bit JRE 1.5 update 7 installed. OOo's Java options
> > finds the installed JRE , but any attempt to use any of OOo's Java based
> > functions returns an error. For example, try to create a simple address
> > database table results in the following error:
> >
> > SQL Status: S1000
> > Error code: 1000
> > No Java installation could be found. Please check your
> > installation!
> >
> > Has anyone here experienced a similar problem, or am I trying to achieve
> > the impossible.
>
> No but have you tried something not involving a database??

Yes. I only used a database as an *example*, because Base (and it's
Wizards) is a main component which relies heavily on Java.

> Isn't there a built in jre with OO

No. IIRC there was once an "official" OOo Windows package which included
JRE, but I have never heard of one for any other OS.

> or did you install one yourself??

Yes, as stated in my original message "I have Sun's 64 bit JRE 1.5
update 7 installed.".

> Is it supported by OO

Rightly or wrongly, I can only assume that Sun's JRE supports Sun's
OOo/Star Office core code.

> as if you are using the built in database it may have been compiled on a different version??

No, the example I referred to was a simple test to create a new
database.

Oh well, it looks like I will have to switch back to the "official"
32bit version of OOo and the 32bit JRE. Which is a pity, because the
64bit Novell edition was really fast on this box and I loved the VBA
support.

Thanks for your input.

Dave