Re: [opensuse] Re: Video capture app - suggestion?
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:34:04 -0600
On 12/4/06, Hans du Plooy <koffiejunkielistlurker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for all who replied (for some reason I didn't get the last day's
worth of mails from the list - sorry for breaking the thread).

The important part of my question was "simple gui" - this is for the
parents who have not yet come over their fear of typing.

I am quite happy with using mencoder for capturing, but it really scares
them.

What I'm looking for is a simple application that would allow them to
view the video stream, and hit record, hit stop (and save and whatever),
while sill watching the video stream. Basic video editing would be a
bonus, but not required.

Thanks
Hans

So, then go with Alain's suggestion - MythTV. Does exactly this. As
well as you may cut parts of the file out, etc (i.e. basic editing).

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.