[opensuse] Rsync Problem - Need Help
  • From: "Clint Tinsley" <clintin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:36:02 -0700
I have a SuSE 10.1 server running the rsync --deamon (rcrcsyncd); it is running, I am able to connection but I am having permission problems when transferring files to it from both Windows and a SLES 10.0 server; it acts like it files are being transferred but when checking the destination folders on the rsync server, nothing is transferred and checking the log, a lot of permission errors.

My rsyncd.conf:

gid = users
max connections = 0
transfer logging = true
log format = $h %o $f $l $b
log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log

[PCtest]
path = /test/PCtest
comment = test rysnc area for PC Test
read only = no
use chroot = no
timeout = 3600
hosts allow = 10.30.100.36
hosts deny = *

I have tried remarking out the gid and trying chroot, yes and no. I also put in the uid and set to users. Nothing seems to work.

I have played with the permissions on the test directory root:root and root:users, no success to report.

Suggestions please. Almost would have to be some security issue with SuSE, not like I haven't experienced that before...

Would appreciate any help or suggestions.

TIA.

Clint