Re: [opensuse] rpm segfaulting
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:31:15 +0100 (CET)

The Saturday 2006-12-02 at 04:16 +0200, Adi Pircalabu wrote:

> Not nice :)
> Try this:
> - boot single user (init 1)
> - make sure you have stopped everything related to zmd. Eventually
> rename /usr/lib/zmd/zmd.exe (I guess, I don't have it installed,
> unfortunately it's still way too horribly broken to use it).
> - rm /var/lib/rpm/_db* && rpm --rebuilddb
> If it still crashes, try running it using strace, e.g.:
> strace -f -ff -F -e trace=open rpm --rebuilddb
> In the end, try to do what Anders said: get a core file, install
> debuginfo rpm package and send the backtrace to rpm maintainers.

I have a coredump and a valgrind report, all of them sent to suse
maintainers (Bugzillla: 225630 & 225631).

I intend to restore the package database from backup and rerun the
- --rebuilddb, but I'll wait for comments from Novell before destroying
the faulty status quo of the database - but I wont wait for ever, of
course.

I don't think zmd has to do with rpm segfaulting - that's a no-no for any
program - but I may try another day.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.