Re: [opensuse] Configuring Dual Head Mode on a laptop
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:59:19 +0100
On Dec 04, 06 05:44:34 -0800, Simon Roberts wrote:
> > problem I am having is with the resolution, my laptop is 1280X800(15.5
> > widescreen) and the second monitor is 1280x1024 (17inch). Currently I
> > can only get them to run in the same resolution mode ... so I get a cut
> > off screen if I go up to 1280x1024 or the second monitor looks
> > compressed at 1280x800.
> >
> > Is their a way to have each monitor run at it's own resolution?
>
> How should that ever be possible, except for a real dualhead environment
> (with different contents on both screens)? You're obviously running
> clone mode.
>
> It seems to work for me "the other way round". That is, the external
> monitor will run as a compressed version of the internal. I use
> 1280x800 on the LCD and 1024x768 external, in clone mode. The external
> is slightly compressed, naturally, but entirely readable (I use it for
> projecting). I was pretty impressed by its cleverness, actually :)

In that case both monitors are running the same image, i.e. the same
resolution. The original question is how to display the same image in
two different resolutions, which isn't possible (even theoretically).

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __
Phone +49-911-74053-715 __) |_| __) |__ labs www.mshopf.de