Re: [opensuse] xmms and mp3 - RC1
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:36:31 +0100

>>> Reply on 04-12-2006 11:34:18 <<<

> On Monday 04 December 2006 00:07, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> > >Just add this packman mirror to your installation sources :
> >
> > No, that would pull in a bunch of unnecessary packages. Until
smart
> > supports the "experimental" channel, it's deactivated.
>
> No it does not "pull in a bunch of unnecessary packages".
>
> Where did you get the impression that everything in a repository
> is "pulled in"?

The thing is, that when you add Packman and then have an updater
running, it starts to replace system libraries like alsa and the like..
and that I would call 'pull-in' as well.

At this moment, I try to get packman out of my system again and I'll
create some own packages when handy. But it's quiet difficult, as the
requirements sometimes want to kill the whole system... and
unfortunately, rug does not allow me to order it to install alsa and
alsa-firmware from a sepcific repository, if this implies a downgrade of
a package... sad, but true.

Dominique