Re: [opensuse] Is reiserfs dead?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 11:54:36 -0500
* Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-03-06 11:16]:
> On Saturday 02 December 2006 19:30, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > Try mc, midnight commander. It uses much less resources and is
> > text based.
>
> Thanks for the tip. I do slip into that when I have to downgrade into
> the command line. It allows for some rudimentary work. However, I was
> looking for a real file browser. :) Seriously, having been stuck in a
> command line from '79 until about '93 (with the exception of my
> school Macintoshes) I hope never to see the command line again.

but mc is probably as or more powerful/configurable than _any_
graphical file browser and functions very similar.

use of the command line must be a personal thingy, I go to the command
line for nearly everything that is possible there and _only_ revert to
pictures when absolutely necessary, ie: editing photographs. I have
returned to the trac-ball to stop reaching all over the desk for the
mouze and then having to continually recenter it on a ?pad?.