Re: [opensuse] gotta love Ron
  • From: "Geir A. Myrestrand" <geir.myrestrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:08:16 -0500
David Canar wrote:
John Andersen wrote:
On Friday 01 December 2006 03:44, James Tremblay wrote:
Ron is my kinda guy, as this quote from him proves he knows just how
tight a rope he has to walk.

"As for allegations that Novell has intentionally or naively entered a
deal with the devil, Hovsepian was candid in his remarks: "We've been
competing with Microsoft for 20 years. We didn't just get stupid
overnight."

So this "WE" he refers to has little to do with Novell. I wager, given the changes at Novell over time, there are very few people who have been there
20 years who are still in upper management.

But he was 17 years with IBM, which didn't have a pleasant experience with Microsoft over OS/2.

I liked what Ron said.

David.

I interpreted it as him saying that stupidity is something they have accumulated over 20 years...sort of reaching an all time high with this agreement... ;-)

Please turn off your flame-throwers, I don't mean to say anything negative about Ron or Novell. I just interpreted it in a way that made the statement sound quite funny IMO...

--

Geir A. Myrestrand